Sunday, March 27, 2011
Saturday, March 26, 2011
If you are unfamiliar with Dine Around Seattle, twice a year restaurants get together & for one month create 3 course dinner menus for $30 (many offer lunch for $15). Typically there are 3-4 options to choose from for each course. Friday & Saturday are excluded, but you can still take advantage of this amazing offer on another night when it likely isn't as crowded anyway!
Friday, March 25, 2011
Thanks, Thrifty NW Mom!
- Williamsburg, VA
- Michigan City, IN
- Kittery, ME
- Lake Oswego, OR
- Woodinville, WA
Finding Hanna Andersson items at these prices is a steal. Remember, many of their cotton items are either organic cotton or Oeko-Tex Standard Certified.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
However, according to The New York Times, there are lots of reasons to be hopeful about the changes that are being made to our food sources. The article lists 6 things we should feel good about, & let me tell you....I do feel good after reading it!
I encourage you to read the article (it's a quick read, I promise), but here are a few gems worth highlighting:
- There are more than 6000 farmer's markets nationwide (1 250% increase since 1994) & 900 of those are open during the winter!
- Wholesome Wave has a program that doubles the value of your federal food stamps (SNAP) when you use them at participating farmer's markets!
- More people are growing their own produce & the number of farms is growing (although, there is the small issue of the majority of farmers nearing retirement age & the void that will be created when they do).
What do you think? Are you concerned with the way our food is produced? Leave a comment & let me know your thoughts on this subject & the article.
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Seriously...saving money has never been easier. Go check them out!
Monday, March 21, 2011
Sunday, March 20, 2011
I had no idea that some farmer's market accept food stamps! Shopping at farmer's markets are a great way to support your local economy & reduce your carbon footprint at the same time. Also, shopping the bulk section of your grocery store is a fantastic way to get organic ingredients at a very low cost. However, consider bringing your own reusable bags for those bulk ingredients; this reduces the amount of plastic bags that end up in our landfills.
Watch & leave a comment with your thoughts.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
Melody over at This Beautiful Frugal Life posted the best deals this week at Rite Aid. If you need to add deodorant to your stockpile, you can get 2 sticks of Lady Speed Stick free this week!
Angela over at The Coupon Project has some great Walgreens deals posted for you to check out. The $.99 Method hand soap caught my eye!
If you find some great deals at either store, leave a comment letting us know.
Remember, you can download the free Kindle apps for many other devices such as Android phones, iPads, iPhones, Blackberry phones, & more. Then you could take advantage of this deal & play the games on your existing device.
Thanks, The Frugal Find.
- 2 bottles of organic white grape juice
- 1 jar of organic pasta sauce
- 1box (6 ct) of organic fruit roll ups
- 4 cans of organic chicken noodle soup
- 1 box (5 ct) microwavable mac & cheese made with organic cheese
- 1 box of an organic skillet meal kit
- 1 box of taco shells
- 2 packages of taco seasoning mix
- 1 small container of organic raspberries (the most expensive thing I purchased...but it was a treat for my daughter!)
- 3 organic apples
- 2 lbs. of organic baby carrots
- 1 head of organic lettuce
- 1 lb. of organic ground beef
- 1 lb. of organic ground pork
While I'm sad I wasn't able to share this deal with you, it's a good example of why staying connected to your favorite blogs (hopefully BMIM is one of them!) is vital if you want to get the best deals. Head over to BMIM's Facebook page & become a fan if you haven't, follow BMIM on Twitter, or subscribe via RSS or daily emails. Whatever your preference, staying connected to blogs will help you get the best deals.
Friday, March 18, 2011
- Zico Pure Premium Coconut Water, Passionfruit (12 cans), $11.05 using Subscribe & Save
- Green Mountain Coffee Fair Trade Gingerbread K Cups (24 cups), $13 (not the best price on K Cups, but not bad for Fair Trade)
- Earth's Best Newborn Gift Pack, $35 (such a good deal on organic baby products!)
Thursday, March 17, 2011
There are resorts all over the US, Canada, & the Caribbean. Obviously, the price will depend on where & when you book, but it's worth checking out. The sale prices are valid through 3/18/11 at 4pm CDT, so don't delay!
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Monday, March 14, 2011
A few eCoupons worth noting:
- $1/2 Pillsbury refrigerated cookie dough packages (look for St. Patrick's day cookies on sale!)
- $3/1 Scrubbing Bubbles shower starter kit
- $.75/1 Chex cereal
- $.50/1 McCormick spice, herb, extract, or food color (make your food green this week!)
- $2/1 L'Oreal cosmetic face product
What makes this coupon even better is that you can use it at the Gap Outlet & Banana Republic Factory stores! Rarely do coupons come out for outlet stores, so it's definitely worth checking out if you live near one.
Thanks, Sweet Deals 4 Moms!
Saturday, March 12, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
For 2 days, purchase a $25 voucher for $15 to Ravenna Gardens (limit 2). These vouchers are only valid through 4/30/11 so you will need to use them fairly quickly. However, this is the perfect way to get your spring garden ready to go & do so while saving money!
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Thanks, Thrifty NW Mom!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Also, it's Gymbuck earning time at Gymboree. For every $50 you spend, you will get a $25 Gymbuck to be used later. During the Gymbuck redemption period (April 7th-April 17th), your Gymbuck will subtract $25 from a purchase of $50. Gymbucks are a great way to stretch your budget at Gymboree!