Sunday, May 2, 2010

Couponing for Community


I was going to blog to remind you all that next Saturday is the USPS annual Stamp Out Hunger food drive (the largest single day food drive in the nation). It's totally easy to do; leave a bag of food & sundries by your mailbox & your letter carrier will collect it. Easy! Additionally, go to the Stamp Out Hunger Facebook page & "like" it because for every person that likes it, Campbell's Soup will donate 1 can of soup. So, log on to Facebook now (while you're at it, "like" BMIM's page, too!).

Ok, so that was my plan. But then Kaley over at Cha Ching on a Shoestring decided to take it one step further & created Couponing for Community. Starting today & ending on Saturday, may 8th (Stamp out Hunger day), she is encouraging bloggers & couponers to see what they can achieve in one week to help end hunger.

We all know that you can get a TON of stuff free or insanely cheap if you use coupons paired with sales & doublers. So, why not take a few minutes, look through the coupons & ads in today's paper & see what you can work into your budget as a donation? $5 can go a long way if you take a little time to work up a plan. Start with the Walgreens & Rite Aid deals I posted last night. You could get Sure deodorant for free at Wags, free pantyliners at Rite Aid, etc. Those items are greatly needed at food banks since food stamps do not cover any non food items. If you can get them free & donate them, why not?

Obviously I don't want this to be a burden for any of you. But if we all pitch in & donate a few things, it can make a huge difference? So....who's in this with me? I'm going to post what I donate on Saturday (admittedly, I have a stash going already). I'd love it if some of you feel comfortable enough to participate & share, but no pressure. Just think about what you can do this week...that's all I ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs