Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tasty Tuesday.....Late Again

OK, so I forgot to post a recipe yesterday...again. My bad. I chose one today that you will either love or hate: fruitcake.

I'll admit it: I love fruitcake. Good fruitcake is outstanding. Bad fruitcake is, well....bad. There is a huge difference between a good fruitcake & a bad one.

In the spirit of disclosure, I will admit I haven't tried this recipe yet, but I plan on it. I saw Josh making it on The Fabulous Beekman Boys Holiday Special & went & found the recipe online. If I remember correctly, Josh used 1 cup of rum in the recipe (1/2 in the batter & he poured 1/2 over the finished loaves to soak in) vs. the 1/2 cup of rum that is called for in the printed recipe. Hey, more rum can never be bad, right?

Check out the recipe & a photo of the fruitcakes (you'll drool!) at Beekman 1802.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs