Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

Whew....I almost forgot to post today's recipe! And this is a good one, too.

Years ago, my friend Teresa came to Thanksgiving at my house because she had no family in Washington. She grew up in the south & made the most amazing sweet potatoes topped with chopped pecans. I begged her for the recipe & have been making them this way ever since. They are totally high calorie but totally delicious. The recipe is hysterical because I wrote it down exactly as she told me, so if you get a giggle out of it, that's why. Enjoy!

Teresa's Sweet Potatoes

  • 3 cups sweet potatoes (can use canned or fresh that are cooked & diced)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 stick butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • pinch of salt

Mush all ingredients together & dump into a baking dish.

  • 1/2 stick butter (melted)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 1 cup chopped pecans

Mix those 4 ingredients to make a crumble topping & spread over sweet potato mush. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs