Friday, December 3, 2010

My Overly Emotional Post for the Day

The holidays are here & for many, it's the best time of the year. However, for others the holidays are painful. Everything is magnified during this season & the unrealistic pressure to have everything perfect becomes overwhelming. Often is seems like every day brings another challenge & many simply endure the holiday season.

It breaks my heart to hear of people suffering during this time of year. So if.....
  • you are dealing with hurt, be it old or new, I pray for peace & healing for you. People can do unspeakable things to each other. If you are hurting, my hope is that you find comfort & renewal.
  • you are struggling financially, I pray for provisions. It can be a struggle just to feed yourself & your family, let alone make the holidays special. If you are wondering how you will make ends meet, my hope is that you will have plenty.
  • if you need physical healing, I pray for restoration. Health issues are always difficult, but dealing with them when everyone around you seems carefree, can make you wonder "why me?" If you are dealing with health issues, my hope is you find miraculous healing.
  • if you are dealing with the loss of a loved one, or facing the holidays with someone missing, I pray for comfort for you. With everyone visiting friends & family, the loss of a loved one is tenfold during this time of year. If you are feeling the loss of someone dear to you, be it old or new, my hope is you find joy & tranquility with those who are still here.

Try & find the joy in everyday miracles; leaves falling, the sound of a child laughing, the smell of a fresh cup of coffee. Remember that gifts are great, but your value is not determined by what you give or receive. If you can remember that, then you'll have all you need this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs