Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

My mom came over to watch my daughter last week & they made a yummy cake. It was so easy & you could easily substitute the apples for pears, the walnuts for your favorite nut (or omit them if you wish), that this cake is incredibly versatile & yummy. I'm not going to lie; I ate it for breakfast 2 days in a row!

Cinnamon Apple Snack Cake

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 14 cinnamon graham crackers, finely crushed
  • 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, & chopped
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 tablespoons powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat eggs lightly in a medium bowl. Add sugar & mix well. Stir in crumbs, melted butter, nuts, & apples; mix until well blended.

Spread mixture evenly into greased 8x8 baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool completely & dust with powdered sugar.

2 comments:

  1. Where does the butter go? In with the eggs? Sounds Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry....I just saw that my mom left out that part when she copied the recipe for me. Add it when you add the crumbs, nuts, etc. Try it...it's delish!

    ReplyDelete

 
Strosgirl's Designs