Saturday, April 24, 2010

Organic Score....I Saved 1/3

People are always asking me if it's really possible to save money while buying organic. I tell them it's possible, but certainly not as easy as saving money on non organic products. But it can be done.

Today I went to Fred Meyer & did pretty darn good! Here is what I purchased:

2 boxes Seventh Generation tissues
1 bottle Seventh Generation dish washing liquid
1 bottle Seventh Generation fabric softener
1 dozen organic brown eggs
Organic Valley string cheese
Organic Valley shredded Parmesan cheese
Kashi Oatmeal/Dark Chocolate Chunk cookies
Santa Cruz Organic Applesauce
2 bottles Santa Cruz Organic White Grape juice
2 half gallons Organic Valley milk
1 lb. organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Reese peanut butter cups (hey, a girl has to live!)

Total OOP: $30.79
Total Coupon Savings: $12.75

Pretty good, especially considering I didn't have a list & was just wandering the store, matching up sale items with my coupon binder. Hopefully this shows that yes, you can save money buying organic products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs