Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

I almost forgot to post today's recipe. Sorry guys!

Today's recipe comes from this cookbook. It's a) insanely easy & b) thrifty, since you only need a few ingredients. Normally this kind of recipe is not my thing, but the chicken is so moist I love it! My hubby shreds the chicken & makes a wrap, while my daughter & I just like to eat it with some sour cream & cheddar cheese. I add Spanish Rice on the side & voila! dinner is ready. Also, since this cooks in a slow cooker, it won't heat up your house now that summer is upon us.

Can You Believe It's So Simple Salsa Chicken

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 16 oz jar of salsa

Place the chicken in your slow cooker & pour the salsa over it. Cook on low for 5-8 hours. Serve with whatever toppings you like (sour cream, cheddar cheese, guacamole, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs