Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

This is one of my all time favorite recipes. Certainly my favorite soup recipe. I used to buy this little 1 pint container of soup at Pasta & Co. for about $5 & realized that was crazy expensive (& I would buy this a lot!). So, I got finally broke down & purchased their cookbook Pasta & Co. By Request which had the recipe in it.

Guess what? The soup is insanely easy to make, pretty affordable (certainly more reasonable than $5 per pint!), & delicious. Everyone I have ever given the recipe to raves about it. It's perfect cold weather food, so make a batch soon & enjoy!

Tomato Cheddar Soup

3 t butter
1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
1 28 oz. can Paradiso brand pear tomatoes in juice, chopped into 1/4" pieces, including all juices (I've used other brands of tomatoes, & they work fine)
1 1/4 cups chicken stock (I've also used vegetable stock & it's fine)
1 1/4 cups water
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 teaspoon white pepper (come on....I use regular black pepper!)
7 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated (sharp is better, but a good quality medium cheddar works fine as well)
salt m& pepper to taste

In a 3 qt saucepan melt butter & saute onions until soft. Add tomatoes & their juices, chicken stock, & water. Bring to a simmer, then remove from heat. Let cool for 10 minutes.

Add 1/2 of the sour cream. Whisk until well blended, then add remaining sour cream. Stir in the pepper & cheese to blend. Salt & pepper to taste. Gently reheat & serve.

Makes 6 cups

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this helpful information shared with us.Buy all types of medicines from here-"best pharmacy online".

    ReplyDelete

 
Strosgirl's Designs