Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eat from the Pantry Challenge Update

We are officially sucking at this challenge. After a small Costco run (only 2 food items purchased) & a small shopping trip to Fred Meyer today (which was so exciting because I used my first eCoupon...I will have to blog about them!) here was what we spent today: $49.44. Adding that to my previous total brings us to $141.01.

When setting our goal for the month, I didn't realize my husband wanted to take lunch to work every day, so that has thrown a serious kink in my plans. I'm not complaining, because we are saving money with him taking his lunches....it just means my grocery budget is a tad bit higher than I expected.

So, with 2 weeks left in the month for shopping trips I have $58.99 left to spend. This will be entertaining....stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

  1. you can do it. if i can do it, you can do it. which reminds me... when you go out to lunch, does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not counting restaurants in this total! However, American Express sent me an email which broke all of 2009 down into categories, & when I saw restaurants I nearly had a stroke. So, that will be cut WAY back.

    ReplyDelete

 
Strosgirl's Designs