Thursday, January 21, 2010

Product Review: TastyBrand Fruit Snacks

Typically I'm not a huge fan of fruit snacks; there I said it. In my opinion, they are nothing more than candy. I mean, let's be honest....those little gummy things have zero in common with actual fruit. But my daughter adores them. And since we almost exclusively eat organic items in our household, our options were limited to one brand. But folks....there's a new fruit snack in town, & they are pretty awesome.

Tasty Brand was generous enough to send me some of their Organic Fruit Snacks a few months ago & my daughter fell in love with them. When I mentioned that I was having a hard time finding them locally, they were generous enough to send me some more & let me tell you, my daughter was so excited, you would have thought it was Christmas morning! It had been a while since she had tried them, so in the interest of science, I handed them over & then proceeded to grill her for data. Here's what transpired:

Me: "Sweetie, using one word describe what you think of these fruit snacks."

Peanut: "Good." (Now, that may not sound terribly enthusiastic, but "good" is high praise from my daughter. If I told her that I bought her a pony she'd smile & say "Good.")

Me: "OK sweetie, tell Mama another word to describe these fruit snacks."

Peanut: "Um....thank you!"

Yes, thank you sums it up pretty well. As a parent, here's why I say thank you to Tasty Brand for these fruit snacks: They're USDA certified organic. They have no high fructose corn syrup in them. This is huge! They are gluten free, which is fantastic for those who have special diet needs. There are no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives in these fruit snacks. They are made with real fruit juice. There are only 70 calories per pouch. Heck, they're even vegan!

And I know this may be insignificant to some, but I love that on the box they print things like "Our gummies are made with real fruit juice, but they shouldn't replace real fruit in your diet," "Be tasty...not wasty," & as someone who used to work in the dental field, this is my personal favorite "BTW, never forget to brush & floss!"

Tasty Brand's organic baby food is available here in the NW, but finding the fruit snacks locally might be a challenge. However, you're in luck, because they are currently on sale at Amazon & ship free if your order is over $25 or if you have an Amazon Prime membership. Additionally, you can purchase any of Tasty Brand's products from their website & for a limited time they are offering free ground shipping. You can also click here for a list of retailers that carry their products. And if you're lucky enough to live near one of these locations, head over to one of their Tasty Tastings to score samples, coupons, tote bags, & more! Lastly, email info@tastybaby.com with your mailing address & they will send you a BOGO free coupon.

In the spirit of full disclosure I want you to know that Tasty Brand sent me the second samples of fruit snacks in exchange for a product review. However, I was free to write whatever I felt about the product. I would have blogged about the fruit snacks even without the samples, because I am that thrilled about the product. Even I think they taste great! If your kids (or you!) love fruit snacks, seriously...you owe it to yourself to try these out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Strosgirl's Designs