Monday, March 22, 2010

Hourly Rate for Clipping Coupons

I found this article online last month & meant to post it, but well....I forgot. The Wall Street Journal researched the benefits of clipping coupons to see if it pays off & the information is compelling. Some highlights include:

  • Coupon redemption rose 27% in 2009 compared to 2008.
  • Redemption of online coupons rose 360% last year.
  • The average saving per coupon is $1.44.
  • Assuming that average saving per coupon & assuming you clip 1 coupon per minute, the hourly rate for clipping coupons is $86.40.

My favorite part about this hourly rate is that it's tax free & anyone can do it. You just need to invest the time. So if you're wondering whether or not it's worth it, the answer seems pretty clear.

2 comments:

  1. Heather,

    Thanks for posting this WSJ article. I just sent it to my husband, maybe he will understand a bit better why a lot of my time is spent on coupons! :)

    Also, have you received your P&G esaver check in the mail for the Bounty and the Charmin we bought at Safeway?

    Thanks!
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy, I'm so glad you came back! You're right; clipping coupons can be time consuming. I think I spend about an hour a week getting them all organized. But it's worth it, as this article points out.

    As for hte P&G eSaver refund, I was told that they do all of their refunds at the end of the month & that we should receive them in the early part of April. If you don't get it, let me know!

    ReplyDelete

 
Strosgirl's Designs